We are delighted to offer enhanced access to Europe’s most advanced facilities for observation and exploration of the atmosphere to users outside the traditional atmospheric domain.
We invite proposals for novel and unconventional use of our facilities! Such access will deliver predominantly non-atmospheric objectives, but for which atmospheric data is a prerequisite. All ideas are welcome!
We’re looking to support the delivery of such non-atmospheric science objectives and to encourage access to user groups from outside the atmospheric science domain*.
You could repurpose or derive added value from conventional atmospheric measurements or techniques for application beyond the field. For example, this could be done by providing a dominant focus on ecosystem or biological impacts, health effects, or others with user groups comprising ecologists, biologists, oceanographists, toxicologists, medics… Bring us your good ideas and we’ll do our best to support your needs.
*user groups must include users from domains other than atmospheric sciences.
What does ‘access’ cover?
– ATMO-ACCESS provides access to more than 60 of the leading European atmospheric research facilities (a full list of facilities can be found at https://www.atmo-access.eu/facilities/). Note that 9 new platforms have enriched our access programme offer!
– Access also means remote and/or hybrid access: users can conduct a research project without the need to visit the facility in-person, with the support of the local service providers for dedicated measurements/experiments.
– Access to any ATMO-ACCESS facility is free of charge (including the use of infrastructure, instrumentation, and expert support). To lower barriers in accessing our facilities, we offer financial support for accommodation, travel and logistical costs, up to a maximum of €10,000.
Applications for access within this call are available via the PASS Platform.
More details on how to apply can be found here 👇
The call timing is as follows:
- Call opening: 22nd November 2023
- Deadline for applications: 5th February 2024
- Review period: 16th February 2024 – 5th April 2024
- Final selection: Week 13-18th April 2024 (expected)
- Final list of accepted TNAs: 24th April 2024 (expected)
- Access Period: End of April 2024 – December 2024